1952 - 1999 H.M. Hussein I, by the help of God, King of the Hashimite Kingdom of Jordan, GCB (m 26.3.1984), GCVO (2.4.1953), GCStJ (20.7.1955), Royal Victorian Chain (19.7.1966). b. at Al-Qasr al-Sagheer Palace, Amman, 14th November 1935, eldest son of H.M. Talal I, by the help of God, King of the Hashimite Kingdom of Jordan, by his wife, H.M. Queen Zein al-Sharaf, educ. Bishop’s Sch, Amman, Victoria Coll, Alexandria, Egypt, Harrow Sch, Middlesex, and RMA Sandhurst, Camberley, Surrey. Succeeded on the abdication of his father, 11th August 1952. Enthroned at Amman, 2nd May 1953. Field Marshal, Jordan Arab Army 11/8/1952. Marshal of the Royal Jordanian Air Force. Hon Air Chief Marshal, RAF 19/7/1966. Hon Field Marshal Egyptian Army, 21/2/1955. Founded the Orders of Military Glory in 1956, the Hashimite Star in 1971, and Al-Hussein Order of Military Merit in 1976. Author "Uneasy Lies the Head" (1962), "My War with Israel" (1969), and "Mon Métier du Roi" (1975). Hon. Degree (New York Univ. 1996), Hon DCL (Oxon. 1998). Patron The Royal Automobile Club of Jordan (RACJ) 1953-1999, Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Jordan, etc. Rcvd: Knt of the Orders of the Golden Spur of the Vatican (10.5.1964), Serephim of Sweden (15.9.1989), Elephant of Denmark (1998), Maha Chakri of Thailand, and Golden Fleece of Spain (1985), the Grand Orders of the Has himites of Iraq (2.5.1953), and Mungunghwa of Korea (10.9.1983), the Grand Collar of the Orders of the Nile of the Republic of Egypt (21.2.1955), Pahlavi of Iran (2.11.1959), and Solomon of Ethiopia (12.5.1960), the Collar of the Orders of Muhammadiya of Morocco (21.4.1960), Idris I of Libya, Chrysanthemum of Japan (x.3.1976), Mubarak the Great of Kuwait, al-Khalifa of Bahrain, and Independence of the State of Qatar, the Badr Chain of Saudi Arabia, GC of the Orders of Omayyad of Syria, Military Merit in white of Spain (3.6.1955), Merit of the Lebanon (special class), Propitious Clouds of China (special grade) (9.3.1959), Redeemer of Greece, National Merit of Guinea (7.5.1960), Leopold of Belgium (mil.), the Netherlands Lion, St Olav of Norway with collar, Tower & Sword with collar of Portugal, Legion of Honour of France (4.7.1967), Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany special class, Independence of Tunisia with collar, White Rose of Finland with collar, Carlos III of Spain with collar, and Merit of the Republic of Italy with collar (26.11.1983), the Orders of the Two Rivers 1st class of Iraq, State Crown of Malaysia (DMN) (24.4.1965), Pakistan 1st class (Nishan-i-Pakistan) (1968), and the White Lion 1st class with collar of the Czech Republic (20.9.1997), the Yugoslavian Grand Star (11.2.1979), the Military Order of Oman 1st class, and the King Abdul Aziz Decoration 1st class of Saudi Arabia (1960), the Grand Star of the Decoration of Honour for Merit of Austria, Mbr of the Royal Family Order of the Crown of Brunei (DKMB) (1984), the Star of the Republic of Indonesia 1st class or Adipurna (1986), King Feisal II Coron. Medal (1953) of Iraq, etc. m. (first) at the Raghdan Palace, Amman, 19th April 1955 (div. at Amman 24th June 1957), H.R.H. Princess Dina (b. at Cairo, 1929; m. second, 7th October 1970, Salah Taamari, né Asad Sulayman Abd al-Qadir), styled Queen Dina al-Hussein with the style of Her Majesty from 19th April 1955, and Princess Dina abdul-Hamid with the style of Her Royal Highness from 24th June 1957, née Sharifa Dina bint ‘Abdu’l-Hamid, Hon. Presdt. The Arab Women’s Association in London. Author "Duet for Freedom" (1988), rcvd: GC of the Orders the Renaissance special class (19.4.1955), Civil Merit of Spain (3.6.1955), etc, daughter of Sharif ‘Abdu’l-Hamid bin Muhammad ‘Abdu’l-Aziz, by his wife, Fahria, née Brav. m. (second) at Amman, 25th May 1961 (div. there 21st December 1971), H.R.H. Princess Muna al-Hussein (b. at Chelmondiston, Ipswich, Suffolk, England, 25th April 1941), née Antoinette Avril Gardiner, Presdt Jordan Nursing Council (JNC), Hon Presdt Coll of Nursing of Mutrah Univ, Patron of WHO Nursing & Midwifery in the Middle East and Mediterranean, and Romania-Jordan Medical Congress, Hon Advisor to the WHO Collaborating Centre for Nursing Dvpt, Hon Governor Arab Horse Soc, etc. Hon Dr Univs of Medicine of Iasi and Targu Mures (Romania), Mbr Council of The Royal Jordanian Stud Book Authority, rcvd: GC of the Orders of Hussein ibn ‘Ali, and the Renaissance special class (25.5.1961), Defender of the Realm (SMN) of Malaysia (24.4.1965), the Crown of Romania (31.5.2016), and the North Star of Sweden (15.11.2022), Great Leader 1st class (NQA) of Pakistan (13.11.1966), 2500 Anniversary Medal in gold of Iran (1971), daughter of Colonel Walter Percy Gardiner, MC, by his wife, Doris Elizabeth, daughter of Arthur Sutton, of Chelmondiston, Ipswich, Suffolk. m. (third) at Amman, 24th December 1972, H.M. Queen ‘Alia al-Hussein (b. at Cairo, 25th December 1948; k. in a helicopter crash while returning to Amman from Tafileh Hospital, 9th February 1977, bur. Royal Mausoleum, Raghdan Palace, Amman), educ. Loyola Univ, Rome (BA), and Hunter Coll, New York (M. Business & Public Relations), rcvd: GC of the Orders of Hussein ibn ‘Ali with collar, Renaissance special class (24.12.1972), and the Precious Crown of Japan (x.3.1976), daughter of H.E. Sayyid Baha ud-din Toukan, sometime Ambassador at the Court of St James’s, UN, Italy, Egypt and Turkey, by his wife, Hanan, née Hashim, niece of H.E. Ibrahim Hashim Pasha. m. (fourth) at the Zahran Palace, Amman, 15th June 1978 (zifaf), H.M. Queen Noor al-Hussein, GCStJ (16.6.1989) (b. at Washington DC, USA, 23rd August 1951), née Elisabeth (Lisa) Halaby, educ. Concord Acad, Massachucettes and Princeton Univ, New Jersey, USA (BA), Dir of Planning and Design, Royal Jordanian Airlines 1977, Founder Royal Endowment for Culture & Education, and the Noor al-Hussein Fdn 1985, Chair King Hussein Fdn 1999, Patron World Conservation Union, Hon Presdt Bird Life International, Presdt United World Colls etc. rcvd: GC of the Orders of Hussein ibn ‘Ali with collar, Renaissance special class (15.6.1978), Merit of the Republic of Italy (26.11.1983), and of the Virtues (Nishan al-Kemal) of Egypt (1989), Mbr of the Royal Family Order of Brunei (DK) (1984), and the Seraphim of Sweden (15.9.1989), Knt of the Order of the Elephant of Denmark (27.4.1998), and the Grand Decoration of Honour for Merit in gold with sash of the Republic of Austria (1982), daughter of Najeeb Elias Halaby, sometime Chair and Presdt Pan American Airways Inc, by his first wife, Mrs Doris R. Carlquist Halaby, daughter of Franklin Elvin Carlquist, of Anchorage, Alaska, USA, sometime Mayor of Leavenworth, Washington state. He d. at Al-Hussein Medical Centre, Amman, 7th February 1999 (bur. Royal Mausoleum, Raghdan Palace, Amman), having had issue, five sons and six daughters:
1) H.M. ‘Abdu’llah II, King of the Hashimite Kingdom of Jordan (s/o Princess Muna) - see below.
2) Lieutenant-General H.R.H. Prince Faisal al-Hussein. b. at Amman, 11th October1963 (s/o Princess Muna), educ. Islamic Coll, Amman; St Edmund’s Sch, Surrey; Bement and Eaglebrook Schs, Deerfield, Massachusetts, St Albans Sch, Washington DC; Brown Univ, Providence, Rhode Island, USA (Sc.B. Electronic Eng. 1985), RAF Coll, Cranwell, Lincs, King Hussein Air Coll, Mafraq; RAF Staff Coll, Bracknell, and the London Business Sch (M. Bus. Mngt. 1998). Cmsnd as Lieut RJAF x/11/1985, No 17 Squadron Operational Conversion Unit (OCU) RJAF 1988-1989, Instructor OCU 1989, Staff Ofcr. Directorate of Air Ops. 1990-1993, attached No 6 Squadron RJAF 1993, cdr No 6 Squadron 1995-1996, ops. ofcr. Air Lift Wing 1996-1998, prom Brig-Gen 1/11/1998, cdr Combat Support Command 1999, Assist Chief of Ops. & Air Defence 1999-2001, prom Maj-Gen 1/10/2001, COAS 2002-2004, prom Lieut-Gen 20/9/2004, Vice-Chair Joint COS Ctee for Air Force and IT Affairs since 2004, Supervisor & Advisor Royal Wings Regional Airlines since 1995. Chair Brd of Trustees of the King Abdullah Award for Government Performance & Transparency, Brd of Trustees of the Muta Univ, National Resources Dvpt Co, and the Motor Sport Exec Council. Presdt Jordanian Olympic Cttee since 2003, Royal Golf Club, and Jordanian Gliding Club. Mbr Brd of the National Resources Investment Inst, Regional Advisory Brd for the Middle East London Business Sch. Rcvd: GC of the Orders of Hussein ibn Ali, Renaissance special class, Independence, the Star of Jordan, and the Hussein Order of Military Merit, King Hussein Medal of Excellence, Medals for Long Service, Administration & Technical Competence, Administrative & Leadership Competence, Training Competence, etc. GC of the Order of Isabel the Catholic of Spain (26.5.2006), etc. m. at Amman, 10th August 1987 (div. April 2008), H.H. Princess ‘Aliya Tabba’a (b. 15th September 1964), rcvd: GC of the Order of Isabela the Catholic of Spain (26.5.2006), etc, styled Princess ‘Aliya Al-Faisal with the style of Her Royal Highness during her marriage to Prince Faisal, daughter of Sayyid Tawfik al-Tabba’a, Founder and Presdt Royal Jordanian Air Lines (ALIA), from a family originally from Damascus, Syria, by his wife, Lamia Addem. m. (second) at the Zahran Palace, Amman, 24th May 2010 (nikah) (div. 14th September 2013), Sarah Kabbani, educ. American Univ in Cairo, Egypt (BA 2000), Advisor in the Office of Prince Faisal, MD ‘Generations for Peace’, Mbr Beyond Sport Advisory Panel, etc, styled Princess Sarah Al-Faisal with the style of Her Royal Highness during her marriage to Prince Faisal, daughter of Bassam Kabbani, sometime HR Plan & Business Dvpt Mngr with The Arabian Petroleum Supply Co in Saudi Arabia, a Lebanese national. m. (third) at Amman, 10th October 2013 (nikah) and 4th January 2014 (zifaf), H.R.H. Princess Zeina al-Faisal (b. at Nablus, Palestine, 11th January 1987), née Zeina Lubbadeh, sometime announcer with Hala FM, daughter of Dr Fares Lubbabeh, Dir-Gen SpaceTech TV Engineering. He had issue, one son and three daughters by his first wife, and two sons by his third wife:
a) H.R.H. Prince Omar al-Faisal. b. 28th October 1993 (s/o Aliya).
b) H.R.H. Prince ‘Abdu’llah al-Faisal. b. at Amman, 17th February 2016 (s/o Zeina).
a) H.R.H. Princess Ayah al-Faisal. b. 11th February 1990 (d/o Aliya), educ. the Sch of Oriental & African Studies (SOAS), London, and the Univ of Kent, Canterbury, Kent. Patron T-QUEST Treasure Hunt 2007. m. at Amman, 8th June 2013 (nikah), and at the Zaran Palace, Amman, 23rd May 2014 (zifaf), Muhammad Talal Al-Halawani, Marketing Mngr Liberty Shipping & Transport Co, son of Talal ‘Abdu’l Wahab Al-Halawani, Chair Liberty Shipping & Transport Co and sometime Vice-Presdt Jordanian Italian Business Council (JIBC).
b) H.R.H. Princess Sarah al-Faisal. b. 27th March 1997 (d/o Aliya) (twin with her sister Aisha).
c) H.R.H. Princess Aisha al-Faisal. b. 27th March 1997 (d/o Aliya) (twin with her sister Sara).
3) Major-General H.R.H. Prince ‘Ali al-Hussein, KCVO (6.11.2001). b. at Amman, 23rd December 1975 (s/o Queen ‘Aliya), educ. Papplewick Prep Sch, Ascot, Berkshire, Islamic Scientific Coll, Amman, Salisbury SchSalisbury, Connecticut, Deerfield, Massachusetts, USA, RMA Sandhurst, Camberley, Surrey, Princeton Univ (BA 1999), Princeton, New Jersey, and Columbia Univ, New York, USA. Cmsnd as 2nd Lieut Jordan Arab Army Special Forces 9/12/1994, Chief Cdr the King’s Special Security Force 1999-2008, Dir National Centre for Security and Crisis Management since 2008. Appointed as Deputy Crown Prince, 8th June 1978. Presdt Jordan Football Assoc since 1999, and West Asian Football Fed (WAFF) since 2000. Hon Presdt Al-Jeel Al-Jadeed Club, Prince ‘Ali Club for the Deaf and Mute, and Royal Jordanian Paratroopers Club. Vice-Presdt FIFA (Asia) since 2011, and Asian Football Confed since 2011. Chief Cmsnr Royal Jordanian Film Cmsn since 2003. Mbr FIFA Exec Cttee since 2011. Rcvd: GC of the Order of the Renaissance special class, the Order of the Hashemite Star, GC of the Orders of Independence, and the Star of Jordan, Al Hussein Order of Military Merit 4th class, and King Hussein Medal of Excellence, Medals for Administration & Technical Competence, Administrative & Leadership Competence, Training Competence, GC of the Orders of the Dannebrog of Denmark (27.4.1998), Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany, Norwegian Order of Merit (4.4.2000), Isabella the Catholic of Spain, and North Star of Sweden (7.10.2003), the Order of the Rising Sun 1st class of Japan, etc. m. at Paris, France, 23rd April 2004 (nikah) and at the Bait al-Barakat Palace, Amman, 7th September 2004 (zifaf), H.R.H. Princess Rym ‘Ali (b. in Egypt, 1969), educ. Univ of Paris (M.Lit., dipl Advanced Studies in Political Science), France, and Columbia Univ, New York, USA, sometime employee of the BBC French Service, UPI, Dubai TV and Bloomberg TV, news correspondent for CNN since 1998, rcvd: GC of the Order of Independence, and the North Star of Sweden (15.11.2022), Knt of the Order of the Legion of Honour of France (20.9.2011), etc, daughter of H.E. Dr Lakhdar Brahimi, sometime Algerian Minister for Foreign Affairs, Assist Sec-Gen of the UN and UN Special Representative to Haiti, South Africa, Zaire, Yemen, Liberia, Afghanistan, and Iraq, by his wife, a lady of Croatian descent. He has issue, one son and one daughter:
a) H.R.H. Princess Jalilah al-‘Ali. b. at Amman, 16th September 2005.
4) Colonel H.R.H. Prince Hamzah al-Hussein. b. at Amman, 29th March 1980 (s/o Queen Noor), educ. Harrow Sch, Middlesex, and RMA Sandhurst, Camberley, Surrey, Harvard Univ (BA 2006), Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, and King’s Coll, London (M.Phil. 2011). Cmsnd as 2nd-Lieut Jordan Arab Army 1/12/1999, prom 1st-Lieut 1/12/2000, prom Capt 1/6/2001, served with Jordanian/UAE continent UN Peacekeeping Force in former Yugoslavia June-September 2001, coy cdr 2nd Btn, 40th Royal Armoured Bde 2001-2004, prom Maj 29/11/2004, prom Lt-Col 2010, prom Col. Heir Apparent with the title of Crown Prince 7th February 1999 to 28th November 2004. Chair of Trustees of the Royal Automobile Museum, Royal Advisory Cttee on the Energy Sector, Al-Bait Foundation for Islamic Thought since 1999. Hon Presdt Jordan Basketball Fed since 1999, and the Arab Robotics Assoc. Presdt the Royal Aero Sports Club of Jordan, and Al-Shajarah Protection Soc. Mbr iPlatform Brd of Overseers Quraysh Institution for Law & Policy (iQ). Rcvd: GC of the Orders of the Renaissance (x.8.1998), Independence, the Star of Jordan (14.11.1995), and Al-Hussein Order of Military Merit 4th class, King Hussein Medal of Excellence (x.7.1995), Peacekeeping Medal (2001), and the Medals for Administrative and Leadership Competence, Administrative and Technical Competence, and for Training Competence, of Jordan, NATO Medal for Kosovo (2001), GC of the Orders of Merit of the Republic of Italy (14.2.2001), and Orange-Nassau of the Netherlands (30.10.2006), and the Order of Ahmad al-Fateh 1st class of Bahrain (x.8.1999). m. (first) at al-Baraka Palace, Amman, 29th August 2003 (nikah) and at the Zahran Palace, Amman, 27th May 2004 (zifaf) (div. 9th September 2009), H.R.H. Princess Noor Hamzah (b. at Amman, 6th October 1982), rcvd: GC of the Orders of the Star of Jordan, and the Orange-Nassau of the Netherlands (30.10.2006), third daughter of H.R.H. Prince Asem Abu Bakar, by his first wife, Princess Firouzeh Vokhshouri. m. (second) at Amman, 12th January 2012, H.R.H. Princess Basma al-Hamzah (b. at Stratford, Ontario, Canada, 1979), educ. Bedford Public Sch, Stratford Central Secondary Sch, Stratford, Fanshawe Coll, and the Univ of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada, and the Middle East Aviation Acad, Amman, Chief Pilot at the Royal Aero Sports Club of Jordan 2004-2007, Flight Instructor at Ayla Aviation Acad 2007-2011, daughter of daughter of Mahmud bin Hasan Bani Ahmad Al-Atoum [Mike Hasan], of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, formerly of Kufr Khall, near Jerash, Jordan, businessman, by his wife, Mrs Halloul Hasan. He had issue, one daughter by his first wife, and one son and four daughters by his second:
a) H.R.H. Prince Muhammad al-Hamzah. b. at Amman, 8th February 2022 s/o Basma).
a) H.R.H. Princess Haya al-Hamzah. b. at Amman, 18th April 2007 (d/o Noor).
c) H.R.H. Princess Noor al-Hamzah. b. at Amman, 5th July 2014d/o Basma).
d) H.R.H. Princess Badiya al-Hamzah. b. at Amman, 8th April 2016 (d/o Basma).
e) H.R.H. Princess Nafisa al-Hamzah. b. at Amman, 7th February 2018 (d/o Basma).
5) Lieutenant-Colonel H.R.H. Prince Hashim al-Hussein. b. at the Royal Palace, Amman, 10th June 1981(s/o Queen Noor), educ. Amman Baccalaureat Sch, St Mark’s and Fay Sch, Boston, Massachusetts, and Maret Sch, Washington DC, USA, RMA Sandhurst, Camberley, Surrey, Duke Univ, Durham, North Carolina, and Georgetown Univ, Washington DC (BA 2006). Cmsnd as 2nd-Lieut Jordan Arab Army 14/8/2000, prom 1st-Lieut 71st Btn Special Forces, prom Capt 2006, prom Maj, prom Lt-Col 2014. Presdt Arab Diving Fed. Hon Presdt Jordan Kickboxing Assoc. Rcvd: GC of the Order of the Star of Jordan, Al-Hussein Order of Military Merit 1st class, King Hussein Medal of Excellence (10.6.2000), and the Medals for Administrative & Leadership Competence and Administrative & Technical Competence. m. at Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 8th January 2006 (nikah) and at the Royal Palace, Amman, 15th April 2006, H.R.H. Princess Fahdah al-Hashim (b. at Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, 27th June 1981), educ. privately, daughter of Shaikh Muhammad bin Ibrahim bin Salman Abu Nayyan, Chair of Abunayyan Holding Co and ACWA Power International, by his wife, Shaikha Sharifa bint Turki Al-Sudairi, artist, Hon Presdt Colours of Plastic Arts Community & Group (ein Prat) and Youth Welfare Assoc for Culture and the Arts, eldest daughter of Shaikh Turki bin Khalid bin Ahmad Al-Sudairi, Chair Human Rights Cmsn of the Kingdom of Saudia Arabia. He has issue, one son and three daughters
a) H.R.H. Prince Hussein al-Hashim. b. at Amman, 15th June 2015.
a) H.R.H. Princess Haalah al-Hashim. b. at Amman, 6th April 2007.
c) H.R.H. Princess Fatima al-Noor al-Hashim. b. at Amman, 4th November 2011.
1) H.R.H. Princess ‘Alia al-Hussein. b. at Amman, 13th February 1956 (d/o Princess Dina), educ. Ahiyyah Sch for Girls, and Rosary Coll, Amman, Sibton Park Sch, Lyminge, Benenden Sch, Cranbrook, Kent, Millfield Sch, Street, Somerset, and the Univ of Jordan (BA 1977), Amman. Registrar & Artist British Sch of Archaeology, Dir The Royal Jordanian State Stud. Hon Presdt University of Jordan Alumni Club (UJAC), Royal Jordanian Equestrian Fed since 1993, Jordan Meningitis Foundation (JMF) since 1995, Jordanian Philatelic Soc, Circassian Ladies’ Welfare Soc, and the Soc for the Development & Welfare of Rural Women. Patron the Brooke Hospital for Animals Princess Alia Clinic at Wadi Musa. Hon Governor Arab Horse Soc (UK). Dir Royal Stables for the Preservation of the Arabian Horse. Rcvd: the GC of the Orders of the Star of Jordan and Al-Hussein Decoration for Distinguished Contribution 1st class (5.2.2007), Precious Crown of Japan (10.3.1976), Isabella the Catholic of Spain (18.3.1977), the Norwegian Order of Merit (4.4.2000), etc. m. (first) at the Raghadan Palace, Amman, 12th April 1977 (nikah) and 11th July 1977 (zifaf) (div. 1988), Lieutenant-Colonel Nasser Wasfi Mirza (b. at Amman, 1945), educ. Univ of South Dakota (BA 1968), Vermillion, South Dakota, and Univ of New Hampshire (MA 1970), Durham, New Hampshire, USA, cmsnd as 2nd-Lieut Jordan Arab Army 1970, attached Jordan Intelligence Directorate, prom Maj 1977, Sec to Crown Prince Hassan 1977, retd as Lt-Col 1990, independent strategic researcher since 1990 with Univ of Jordan, Jordan Correction Services, and the National Library of Jordan, philatelist and tennis player, son of H.E. Wasfi Pasha Mirza, sometime Chief of the Adigah (Circassians) and Minister for Defence, the Interior, Communications, Agriculture and Social Affairs. m. (second) at Amman, 30th July 1988, Muhammad Anwar Farid Al-Saleh, Partner International Oil Trading Co LLC (IOTC Dubai) and International Oil Trade Center Co Ltd (IOTC Jordan), rcvd: GC of the Orders of Civil Merit of Spain (18.10.1999), Norwegian Order of Merit (4.4.2000), etc, elder son of Sayyid Farid Al-Saleh. She has issue, one son by her first husband, and two sons by her second:
a) H.H. Prince Hussein Nasser Mirza. b. at Amman, 12th February 1981. Horse breeder and owner. Presdt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Fed of Jordan since 2007. Chair Jordan Mixed Martial Arts Fed (JOMMAF) since 2013. m. ...
c) ‘Abdu’l Hamid Muhammad Al-Saleh. b. 15th November 1992.
2) Major-General H.R.H. Princess Aisha al-Hussein. b. at Amman, 23rd April 1968 (twin with her sister Zein) (d/o Princess Muna), educ. Dana Hall High Sch, Wellesley, Massachusetts, USA, RMA Sandhurst, Camberley, Surrey, Pembroke Coll, Oxford (BA 1989), Naval Postgraduate Sch (NPS), Monterey, California, and the National Defence Univ (MA 2010), Washington DC, USA. Cmsnd as 2nd-Lieut Jordan Arab Army 1987, Founder and Researcher of the Office of Princess Aisha 1993-1994, Dir of Women’s Affairs 1995, and Women’s Army Recruitment Dept 1998, prom Col 2005, prom Brig-Gen 2008, Defence Attaché Washington DC since 2010, prom Maj-Gen 2011. Chair Centre for Security Studies. Mbr Defense Department Advisory Cttee on Women in the Services (DACOWITS) conferences since 1996, NATO Mediterranean Dialogue, NATO Human Factors and Medicine Research Task Group 140, etc. Rcvd: GC of the Orders of Independence, and the Star of Jordan, the Al-Hussein Order of Military Merit 4th class, King Hussein Medal of Excellence, Medals for Administration & Technical Competence, and Administrative & Leadership Competence, GC of the Order of the Precious Crown of Japan (30.11.1999), Order of Merit 1st class of Brunei (PSLJ) (13.5.2008), etc. m. (first) at Amman, 26th July 1990 (div. there, 2006), Zeid Sa’ad ud-din Juma’a (b. 1966), educ. George Washington Univ, Washington DC, USA, son of H.E. Sa’ad ud-din Muhammad Juma’a, sometime Minister of State for Prime Ministry Affairs, Dir of the Bank of Jordan and Senator of the Kingdom, by his wife, Amira, daughter of Mahmud Hassa. m. (second) at Amman, 27th January 2016 (div. 1st July 2016), Edward Ahsraf Karim Banayotti (b. 25rd March 1964), educ. New Jersey City Univ (NJCU), Jersey City, New Jersey, USA, Assist Vice-Presdt Nomura Securities 1996-1999, Vice-Presdt (Fixed Income Product Control) Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette Inc 1999-2001, Vice-Presdt (Equity Business Management/Fixed Income) Credit Suisse First Boston 2001-2004, Dir Global Equity Business Management CIBC World Markets 2004-2005, Dir Coverage & Commercial Banking Unit/Strategy & Performance Measures Credit Agricole CIB in NYC 2005-2014, possibly the son of Karim Banayotti, an Egyptian national of Coptic or Greek ancestry. She had issue, one son and one daughter by her first husband:
3) H.R.H. Princess Zein al-Hussein. b. at Amman, 23rd April 1968 (twin with her sister Aisha) (d/o Princess Muna), educ. Westover Sch, Middlebury, Connecticut, USA, and New England Coll, Tortington Manor, Arundel, Sussex. Proprietor the Royal Jaafar Stud. Patron Sar Al-Bir Orphanage. Rcvd: the GC of the Orders of Independence, and the Star of Jordan, and the Medal for Administrative & Leadership Competence, GC of the Order of the Norwegian Order of Merit (4.4.2000), Order of Merit 1st class of Brunei (PSLJ) (13.5.2008), etc. m. at Amman, 3rd August 1989, Sayyid Majdi Al-Saleh, joint proprietor the Royal Jaafar Stud, rcvd: GC of the Norwegian Order of Merit (4.4.2000), younger son of Sayyid Farid Al-Saleh. She has issue, twins:
4) H.R.H. Princess Haya al-Hussein. b. at Amman, 3rd May 1974 (d/o Queen ‘Aliya), educ. Badminton Sch for Girls, Bristol, Avon, Bryanston Sch, Blandford, Dorset, and St Hilda’s Coll, Oxford (BA 1995, MA). Capt Royal Guards Regt. Jordanian Representative International Equestrian Fed 1992-1996, Mbr Jordanian Equestrian Team at the Sydney Olympic Games in 2000. Founder Presdt International Athletes Cultural Assoc 1994. Chair Global City for Humanitarian Services (Dubai) since 2007. Presdt Queen ‘Aliya Foundation for Hearing & Speech Impairment, Haya Arts & Cultural Centre, Jordanian Women’s Qualifying & Training Centre, and International Equestrian Federation (FEI) since 2005. Hon Presdt Land Transport & Mechanical Union, International Sports & Solidarity Assoc, Children’s Dental Healthcare Soc, Dar Asma Bint Abi Bakr Sch for the Memorisation of the Holy Quran (Dubai), and Emirates Arthritis Fndn. Vice-Presdt Royal Windsor Horse Show. Hon Patron Al Noor Training Centre for Children with Special Needs, and UAE Ability Based Learning Empowerment for children with special needs (ABLE). Ambassador for ‘Olympic Aid’, and ‘Innocence in Danger’ of the UNHCR. Adviser Just World International. Mbr International Olympic Cttee. (IOC) since 2007, Mbr IOC Athlete’s Cmsn. and the Cmsn. for Culture & Olympic Education. Hon Mbr Spanish Riding Sch (Vienna), Aachen Sch of Course Design (ASCD). Dir "Right to Play", etc. Rcvd: GC of the Order of the Renaissance special class (30.1.2006), and Officer of the Order of the Legion of Honour of France (5.9.2014). m. at the Bait al-Barakat Palace, Amman, 10th April 2004 (nikah), as his second wife (sep. 30th June 2019), H.H. Shaikh Muhammad bin Rashid al-Maktum, Ruler of Dubai, GCMG, GBE (b. at Al Shindagha, Dubai, 22nd July 1949), Vice-Presdt. of the UAE, third son of H.H. Shaikh Rashid bin Sa’id al-Maktum, Ruler of Dubai, GCMG, by his wife, H.H. Shaikha Latifa bint Hamdan al-Nahayan, daughter of H.E. Shaikh Hamdan bin Zaid al-Nahayan, Ruler of Abu Dhabi. She had issue, one son and daughter - see United Arab Emirates (Dubai).
5) H.R.H. Princess Iman al-Hussein. b. at Amman, 24th April 1983 (d/o Queen Noor), educ. the American Univ, Washington DC, and RMA Sandhurst, Camberley, Surrey. Cmsnd as2nd-Lieut Jordan Arab Army 8/8/2003. m. at the Bab al-Salam Palace, Amman, 20th December 2012 (nikah), and 22nd March 2013 (zifaf), Zaid Azmi Azmi Mirza, educ. American Community Sch (ACS), Escola Americana de Brasilia (EAB), Brazil, George Mason Univ (BA 1997), Fairfax, Virginia, and The American Univ (MA 1999), Washington DC, USA, CEO Desert Force (a professional MMA organization), Founder of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Fed, son of H.E. Azmi Abbas Mirza, sometime Jordanian Ambassador to Brazil and Romania, by his wife, Maysoun Marshan Mirza. She has issue, one son:
H.M. King Hussein and Queen ‘Alia also adopted a daughter:
7) Ms. Abir Muhaisen. b. at Amman, 1973, educ. Oldfields Sch, Glencoe, Maryland, the American Univ, Washington DC (BA), and Virginia Commonwealth Univ, Richmond, Virginia (MA 1998), USA. Adopted December 1973. Intern kindergarten teacher in Richmond, Virginia, and the American Community Sch. in Amman, Part-time teacher and teaching aide at the Baccalaureate Sch. in Amman, then worked as a governess in Washington DC. Coach Jordanian National Handball Team.